Telluride in the heart of Colorado’s San Juan Mountains is one of America’s premier adventure destinations. In winter it is a spectacular ski resort, in the summer and fall Telluride is a world class biking and hiking destination.
Moab in the Utah desert has perhaps the most famous mountain bike track in the world: Slick Rock. It’s certainly not the only great trail in an area surrounded by national parks.
These two spectacular adventure destinations are linked by the San Juan Hut System. This allows riders to travel the 346km (215 miles) between the high Colorado Mountains and the Utah desert on single track and jeep trails in a genuine wilderness area.
The tour starts with a day exploring Telluride, followed by a 7 night 8 day trek to Moab. Each hut en-route contains food, water, and sleeping bags for riders.
We finish the tour with 2 days of site seeing in Moab. This can be spent on mountain bikes on the famous trails or exploring Arches or Canyonlands NP.
• 8 day 7 night mountain bike trek. Includes all food, hut accommodation, sleeping bags and drinking water.
• 1 night accommodation in Telluride (including breakfast)
• 2 nights accommodation in Moab (including breakfast)
• transfers from Montrose Airport to Telluride
• transfers from Moab to Montrose Airport (Salt Lake city is another possible departure point)
• Bike box and excess gear courier service from Telluride to Moab.
• Ride snacks in Telluride and Moab
• Tour host
• Emergency Satellite phone and additional phone charge battery
• Paper and GPS maps
• CO2 canisters on arrival (you can’t bring these on planes)
• Celebratory microbrew on arrival at Eddy McStiff’s in Moab.
• Personal spending
• Commercial site seeing tours in Moab
• Travel Insurance for USA destination. Comprehensive medial insurance for US citizens.